Patient Relations Assistant
The Patient Relations Assistant will provide registration/patient check-in, appointment scheduling, patient check-out, maintain patient medical files, and provide excellent customer service. The successful candidate will be required to maintain 90% accuracy on skills assessments and 90% accuracy on audit.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Patient Relations Assistant
Patient Access Assistant - KY Clinic
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
Monday - Friday Day Shift
Customer service focus, teamwork, effective written & verbal communication, empathy, judgment, problem solving, organizational knowledge, attention to detail, accuracy, computer literacy, 90% accuracy on skills assessment, 90% accuracy on audit, computer literacy, proficiency with sequential numbers, sensitive to patient privacy.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Candidates who have completed the UK College of Dentistry Patient Access Training Program highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the option below that best describes your years of paid, full-time work experience in a dental practice/clinic.
- Some but less than one year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter