Director of Volleyball Operations
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Director of Volleyball Operations assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, coordinating its travel itineraries, budget management, coordinating logistics including team meals, buses, video and meeting rooms and film exchange, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Handle the programs daily volleyball operations, coordinate its travel itineraries, on-campus recruiting, monitor the academic progress of student athletes
- Assist with video editing systems, provide game day management, assist with designing graphics and content of recruiting materials, manage the budget, contest scheduling, monitor study tables
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics
- Achieve competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes
- Demonstrate excellent writing, speaking, and listening abilities
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes
- Participate in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Previous experience in volleyball operations
- Master's Degree
- Experience at the Division I level
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact:
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.