Business Process Analyst
The University of North Texas
Now Hiring a Business Process Analyst
Established in 1890, UNT is one of the nation’s largest public universities with over 37,000 students. As a public research university, UNT is deeply committed to advancing educational excellence and preparing students to become thoughtful, engaged citizens of the world. This is accomplished through a broad and balanced array of programs where well-prepared students and dedicated scholars and artists collaborate with our local and global communities in the creation, integration, application, and dissemination of knowledge. In this way, UNT creates an enriched and sustainable future for our students, state, nation, and world.
The F&A Organizational Development Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Assistant Director I-Business Process Documentation Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for leading business operations teams, documentation development teams and subject matter experts (SME’s) to develop, write and edit new and existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and supporting documentation required for the University.
Job Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Compares and evaluates possible courses of action which impact business process documentation which can be obtained through expertise, model documentation, and connectivity to processes created through other groups and departments within the University.
- Creates and develops business process documentation and supporting documentation which include processes, policies, procedures, references, instructions, navigations, codes, forms, manuals, guides, job aids, and related/required documentation.
- Provides business process writing expertise to guide management and team leaders with the identification of business process and procedural needs and facilitates the development of the documentation including creating new content and editing existing content.
- Provides training to SME’s, document owners and writers in using SharePoint, to assist them during documentation development, review, and approval processes.
- Provides operational support to the asset protection area of the division of finance and administration by performing various tasks such as assisting with cash counts, researching and assisting with cash handling policy improvements, assisting in cash handling training, developing and maintain a tracking system related to asset protection activities, and date retrieval and analysis.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to analyze varied courses of action and participate in strategic planning
- Proven effective interpersonal management history of workforce development and team leadership.
- Ability to write new operating procedures based on documentation including process flow maps, requirements descriptions, and existing procedure documents where applicable
- Strong Oral and written communications skills
- Strong leadership and management skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively solve multi-level complex problems
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of legal statutes, policies, and procedures affecting areas of responsibility
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present clean and succinct reports
- Advanced MS Word skills. Intermediate to advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using SharePoint for document management and workflow approval is desirable
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The Preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience such as business process development and documentation, operating policies and procedure documentation designed for end-users, and technical writing. Direct, identifiable, and proven experience commensurate with earned degrees may be considered in certain circumstances.
- Experience in Texas higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with online application
For Immediate Consideration and More Information, Apply Online At:
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.