Academic Program Coordinator
General Description of Position:
This position facilitates the coordination and delivery of university credit courses and programs in the College of Education. The person in this position is a member of the Kansas State University Global Campus staff but is expected to form a strong alliance with the College of Education and represent the needs of the college to the K-State Global Campus leadership. This position will work with administrative personnel in school districts, K-12 teachers and academic advisors as well as administrators in K-12 and higher education settings. In addition, this position will work with numerous entities across campus and is expected to represent K-State Global Campus as requested on committees and project teams.
This position is expected to work within the college to develop new courses and programs and to participate in the K-State Global Campus Request for Proposal (RFP) grant funding process to facilitate new courses and programs.
This position reports to the Associate Dean of Program Development and Administration, who directs the Academic and Professional Programs unit.
Job Description:Program Facilitation and Coordination (40%)
- Facilitate the delivery and coordination of the College of Education online distance and off-campus face-to-face courses and programs. This includes programming in the Departments of Special Education, Counseling and Student Affairs, Curriculum and Instruction, Adult and Continuing Education, and Educational Leadership as well as individual specialty courses in various areas.
- Serve as the K-State Global Campus liaison with the College of Education faculty and staff. Meet with new college faculty and department heads to introduce K-State Global Campus and discuss the college's current and potential online programs. Consistently work to strengthen relationships within each of the assigned departments.
- Handle concerns and problems of the college as they relate to K-State Global Campus courses and programs, serving as a facilitator in the development and delivery of content.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion efforts for all College of Education programs and individual classes.
- Meet the needs of students, faculty and other constituents in a timely manner as all aspects of the assigned load of programs are coordinated.
- Monitor and update all web pages of assigned programs.
- Prepare reports related to assigned programs.
- Maintain official documents and records in an electronic format.
- Supervise an undergraduate student assistant.
- Collaborate with K-State Global Campus and assigned university units to develop new credit programs and courses related to assigned work area.
- Facilitate market research to evaluate need, identify potential audiences and develop marketing strategies for new program proposals related to the assigned college.
- Annually review the K-State Global Campus RFP College of Education grant proposals and submit recommendations to the K-State Global Campus Associate Dean.
- Monitor enrollment reports and coordinate enrollment efforts with K-State Global Campus units to meet goals and targets.
- Present enrollment and marketing information to college departments, industry and professional organizations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with K-State Global Campus units to contact and recruit prospective students.
- Establish and strive to achieve K-State Global Campus enrollment goals for assigned colleges.
- Manage K-State Global Campus budgets for College of Education, report programmatic changes and manage financial aspects of assigned programs/courses in order to meet K-State Global Campus targets and goals.
- Coordinate with the K-State Global Campus Administration and Finance Office for the transfer of funds to the college and/or appropriate departments.
- Provide information regarding the transfer of revenues to assigned colleges to the K-State Global Campus dean and assistant deans.
- Process all payment of invoices in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report programmatic changes that impact the established K-State Global Campus College of Education budget.
- Complete annual K-State Global Campus goals as assigned.
- Serve fully on K-State Global Campus, university or professional association committees or project teams when requested.
- Participate in K-State Global Campus professional development activities.
- Participate in campus programming related to distance education, retention or student services, diversity events, leadership programs and other campus programs to expand knowledge.
- Contribute information about assigned programs for inclusion in publicity efforts.
- Contribute program and faculty nominations to K-State Global Campus Awards committee for submission for national, regional and local awards.
- Coordinate with K-State Global Campus Student and Faculty Services unit to ensure there is no disruption to programs in the event of inclement weather or other emergency.
- Supervise or co-supervise a student assistant.
- Maintain an organized and professional office environment.
- Review areas of work consistency as related to K-State Global Campus policies/procedures. As areas of inconsistency are identified, when possible, revise procedures to comply with standard.
- Comply with procedures established for schedule notification.
- Be familiar with the K-State Global Campus Disaster Recovery Plan and be prepared to follow the plan if needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of higher education experience or relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse groups
- Proven record of organizational and administrative skills including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Experience in budget management
- Knowledge of the field of distance education including general status and challenges, student services and faculty issues
- Demonstrated experience in development of programs
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Understanding of technology as it relates to online course delivery
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite programs, use of database systems and electronic communication applications
- Ability to accommodate occasional overnight travel
- Master's degree
- Experience or general knowledge of the field of K-12 education.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of higher education experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with KSIS and K-State Online or similar learning management and student information systems
- Hold a valid driver's license in order to meet occasional travel expectations
Information about the Department:
The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University's intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. K-State Global Campus is the fourth campus of Kansas State University and is located in Manhattan, Kansas.
For more information about K-State Global Campus go to http://global.k-state.edu/about/.
Kansas State University is a land grant college established in 1863. For more information about K-State go to http://www.k-state.edu/about/.
For more information about Manhattan, Kansas and the surrounding area go to http://www.manhattancvb.org/.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants will need to upload a cover letter addressing qualifications and skills related to the position, a resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history and three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and email address. Questions about the application process can be directed to the K-State Global Campus Dean's Office at 785-532-5644 or email@example.com.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begin:
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by April 5, 2017.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$47,500-52,000 annual salary
The Kansas State University benefit package includes a retirement plan; group medical, dental and life insurance plans, worker's compensation, vacation leave, sick leave and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Follow the link to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster.
Kansas State University actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to The Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. Kansas State University complies with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.