Motorcycle Program Information Specialist
Schedule Information: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm - hours may vary depending on need
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoor an sedentary in nature.
Duties of Position:
- check course paperwork for accuracy, correct errors, and communicate with staff as needed
- enter data into student and section records as directed
- perform recordkeeping functions which includes processing course paperwork, student registrations, compiling statistical data, and developing timetables for mailings
- assist in the preparation of a variety of reports for the Illinois Department of Transportation and Harper College (including claim reports and contract reporting)
- check for accuracy, process and issues course completion cards
- assist with other projects as requested by the Project Supervisor
- serve as a public resource for motorcycle safety education information
- retrieve and disseminate voicemail information as needed
- serve as point of contact for students with content questions, issues and concerns
- serve as the initial point of contact with the Continuing Education Registration staff
- send Program related emails to students as directed
- communication with state government personnel and the general public to facilitate and support the ongoing success of the program.
- assist in the development of course schedules each semester
- recommend staffing assignments for Lead Instructors, Assistant Instructors, and Range Aides
- assist in finding replacement staff when staffing assignment conflicts arise
- maintain an Illinois Class "M" motorcycle endorsement
Other duties as assigned by the Program Director of Supervisor
Educational Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent. Valid Illinois Motorcycle Operator License
Experience Requirements: Minimum 3 years previous office experience in a position requiring extreme attention to detail. High degree of computer literacy centered on database utilization and adaptation and including spreadsheets and word processing. Demonstrate effective and professional communication skills used to interact with program staff and students on a daily basis in a manner that supports and enhances the program's mission and vision.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: March 14, 2017
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.