Application Database Admin II
Application Database Admin IIJob Description:
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently looking for an Application Developer Admin II to join Enterprise Systems, a unit within UFIT.
Enterprise Systems, a division of UFIT, maintains and operates the software that powers UF's enterprise-wide computer systems creating the technological foundation for the campus' academic and administrative business functions.
UFIT and Enterprise Systems are looking for a skilled team member who enjoys using their creative talents to produce business solutions which address the needs of, and create efficiencies for, core business offices at UF.
Working within a team environment, you will be expected to:
- Participate in projects working with teams to provide database support and ensure optimal database performance
- Provide database support by resolving issues and/or determining the root cause and recommending actions to resolve problems.
- Design and develop database solutions that reduce operational costs through automation, architectural improvements and sound design.Advertised Salary:
$82,000 - $97,000, commensurate based on experience and education.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience, but does negate the minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or a related field
- 5+ years' experience as an Oracle DBA
- Experience with Oracle RAC - Proficiency with Oracle 11g / 12c
- Oracle RMAN and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience with other Oracle technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate and ASM
- Experience with upgrading and patching
- Good understanding and use of SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, Stored Procedures
- Good understanding of RedHat Linux OS, and common scripting languages
- Technology awareness
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Teamwork/interaction skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a project-based team environment - Customer focused with dedication to customer satisfaction
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No