OPS Veterinary Technician Ocala PETS
OPS Hourly Non-Secretary/ClericalJob Description:
- Part-time weekend veterinary technician position at UF PETS Emergency clinic in Ocala, FL
- Responsible for animal care and nursing, especially critical care
- Learn and participate in all aspects of veterinary medicine, including triage, anesthesia, taking radiographs, assisting in surgery, performing treatments, and laboratory work.
- Provide superb care to patients
- Communicate with referring veterinarians
- Offer instruction and demonstration to veterinary students, interns and residents
- Answer phone calls
- Check-in/check-out clients at the front desk
- Accept payments and deposits from clients
- Weekend and holiday hours available
Starting salary is based on experience.Minimum Requirements:
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience as a veterinary technician, experience in emergency medicine, and preferably a CVT
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of medical terminology and anatomy
- Good communication and literacy skills
This position is part-time 20 hours per week.
Please upload the following documents to be considered for this position:
- List of References
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Health Assessment Required: No