Project Manager/Business Analyst
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) was created to manage technology projects and corporate initiatives while providing guidance for other project professionals in the company. The mission of the EPMO is to meet the needs of the business through effective and efficient management of project processes and systems improvements.
We accomplish this by:
Building effective, highly performing and engaged teams with emphasis on personal, professional and leadership development.
Providing project management to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Collaborating with our business partners to assure that we understand their business needs.
MISSION AND SUMMARY OF POSITION
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to be able to perform the initial evaluation of the project request and take the project from inception to completion, and should be a team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This includes the planning, determining requirements, communicating and mitigating risk in order to deliver the project on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining a record of lessons learned and best practices to be utilized for more efficient utilization of resources for future projects.
All responsibilities are generally performed on a daily basis, unless otherwise noted. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage projects from inception through closure
• Deliver projects within timelines defined within budgets provided
• Establish project objectives, develop and oversee project plans and determine performance standards within boundaries of project specifications
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (continued)
• Liaise with cross-functional teams throughout the business and technology to develop business cases that demonstrate the purpose and value of technology projects.
• Build strong relationship/rapport with cross-functional business teams.
• Ability to communicate complex technology concepts in a to a non-technology audience.
• Analyze requirements gathered and determine gaps in technology, business processes; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Monitor, manage and control project performance and quality
• Prepare and report project status to senior/executive management
• Assist in implementing standard project management methodologies
• Adhere to the project management methodologies through strong governance and performance management
• Involve, plan and communicate effectively with strategic business partners (Marketing, Training, etc.)
• Communicate and facilitate effective meetings and status presentations
• Ability to identify project risks and implement risk mitigation plans
• Ensure project portfolio data and key attributes, e.g. estimates, assignments, and tasks are current and relevant.
Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
5+ years project management experience
5+ years business analysis experience
Financial Services industry experience a plus
Experience with Agile methodologies and Scrum development preferred
1 or more of the following Agile certifications: PMI-ACP, CSM, PSM or other Agile related certification Scrum Certification, optional
3+ years of SaaS vendor management experience preferred
Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of different sizes
Familiar with different software development lifecycle models and experience of managing all phases of a project (analysis, design, implementation and acceptance).
Must have the ability to communicate and overcome and/all communication barriers.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have exceptional organizational skills.
Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must have strong attention to details, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks independently.
Must have the ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team environment.
Must have strong computer skills, including expert proficiency in Excel, Project Office, SharePoint and other MS Office applications.
Must be able to produce quality work under tight deadlines.
Must be able to facilitate meetings with executive audience
Agile Premier is a privately-owned recruiting firm that specializes in Information Technology recruiting. The company is headquartered in Addison, TX (Dallas suburb) and has an additional office in Fort Worth, TX. Agile Premier is the market leader for placing key contributors and leaders within the software development life cycle, business intelligence solutions, data management, systems and network engineering, ERP, and content management / team collaboration space.
Agile Premier's internal team consists of the top performing recruiters in the industry who focus solely on building long-term relationships with Information Technology professionals. Our recruiting specialties include but are not limited to .NET, PHP, SharePoint, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, SSIS/Informatica, Cisco, Java, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle/SQL Server database, and much more.
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:16:11 PST