The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. The Department invites applications for non-tenure track full or part-time adjunct faculty positions for the academic year 2017-2018.
The individuals hired will be responsible for teaching professional masters degree courses, working with our faculty on curriculum development, and potentially collaborative research. Duties include conducting research, teaching, curriculum development and student advising. The research areas could include cryptographic protocols, cloud security, access control, cybersecurity analytics, database, web, IoT and mobile security. Candidates will advise students and participate in department and university services as needed. Appointments will be made throughout academic year 2017-2018 which begins with Summer Quarter 2017 (June 1, 2017).
- Candidates will advise students and participate in department and university services as needed.
- The research areas could include cryptographic protocols, cloud security, access control, cybersecurity analytics, database, web, IoT and mobile security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and teach cybersecurity courses in some subset of the following topics: Network Security, Ethical Hacking, Applied Cryptography, Hardware Security, Biometrics, and Mobile Security.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research.
- MS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent considerable experience in cybersecurity industry required.
Candidates must apply online through dujobs.org to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Scott Leutenegger at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- CV indicating teaching experience
- Cover Letter
- Course Evaluations
- One-page teaching statement that includes how you will advance the diversity commitment through their teaching and service
- Names and contact information of three references
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.