Trades Utility Senior Worker
Working Title: Trades Utility Senior Worker
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 03-15-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Trades Utility Senior Worker provides support to zone mechanics and other employees in support of zone maintenance. The incumbent supports Facilities Management's goal of providing consistent, cost effective, and reliable maintenance and service to the University facilities. Performs skilled repair and maintenance tasks in one or more specialized trades / utilities areas and performs semi-skilled, general repair and maintenance tasks in other trades / utilities areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Performs work of moderate difficulty which typically involves specializing in at least one skilled trade / utility area such as carpentry, masonry, electrical repair, plumbing, furniture and upholstery repair, painting, or heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
2. Working knowledge of the installation, repair and maintenance practices equipment and materials used in the assigned skilled trades areas.
3. Working skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic tools, instruments and equipment, hand, and power tools.
4. Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of skilled repairs and maintenance tasks in the assigned trade / utility areas.
5. Ability to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis during emergencies. Ability to work an adjusted schedule as needed to meet deadlines.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81364