Assoc. Director of Development
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement - Business School
Associate Director of Development
Position #1214 - Requisition 08245
The University of Colorado Denver Office of Advancement seeks a dynamic, passionate, results-driven professional to join the development team for the Business School. Accredited by the AACSB, putting the Business School in the top 5% of business schools worldwide, the Business School houses the largest graduate school in the region, with a growing undergraduate population. In addition to outstanding programs in accounting, finance, management, marketing, business analytics and information systems, the Business School offers unique industry-specific programs in energy, health, risk management and insurance, sports and entertainment management, commodities and entrepreneurship. A hallmark of the School is its connections to business, with some 300 companies involved on advisory boards and councils, who also provide scholarships, internships and jobs.
Part of the state's largest public university system, CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students - all in the lively heart of downtown Denver. CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with a direct impact of more than $700 million annually.
This position will be focusing on development of relationships with CU alumni and other donors in the $25K - $75K category. Typically handles mid-level, moderately complex gift prospects, with the intent of cultivating, sustaining and increasing donor relationship.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works to cultivate existing donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with the donor.
- Portfolio Management: Manages portfolio with goals relating to number of personal contacts, and number of proposed, gifts, planned gifts, grants, and prospect identification to be set with and approved by management.
- Develops and manages portfolios of individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure major gift commitments.
- Works closely with University of Colorado (CU) faculty and volunteers daily to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives. Facilitates productive relationships daily between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works daily to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The hiring salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience in fundraising, sales, or public relations.
- 1-3 years of fundraising, sales, or public relations experience
- Experience with Microsoft products (Office Suite)
- Experience using Donor Tracking Software (ex: BSR)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Jason Leach at Jason.Leach@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 30228 - ADM-CHAN Foundation Denver
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jason Leach
Posting Contact Email: Jason.Leach@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001214