Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
PRA level with special requirements for handling of biological tissue and fluid specimens and clinical and research data for ongoing research projects in the Tissue Bank and Biomarkers Core of the Colorado Lung SPORE
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collection and processing of tissue and fluid samples from clinic and surgical procedures.
- Annotation of collection characteristics for collected materials.
- Physical and digital inventory management
- Data collection and management from clinical and research sources
- Tissue analysis and distribution for research projects
- Nucleic acid isolation
- The successful candidate will have at minimum a BA/BS
- Additional training or experience in the handling of biological specimens and patient related research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate must display the capacity for complex problem solving and the ability to retain advanced instructions in a clinical and laboratory setting.
- Working experience with tissue and body fluid specimen, HIPAA regulations and patient related research, Microsoft operating systems, and data entry is essential.
- The ability to navigate stairs and lift 40 lbs is required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8780
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20112 - SOM-Pathology
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Joseph Wozniak
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00602197