Infrastructure Services Technician
Ntiva, Inc. is one of the fastest growing, dynamic IT companies in the DC area, and we were recently voted one of "Greater Washington's Best Places to Work" in 2015 by the Washington Business Journal. With seven other past "best places" awards, we are grateful for the team who has helped build that reputation and are looking to continue to build upon that tradition. If you love IT, helping clients thrive, and staying on top of new technology - this could be a perfect fit for you.
Ntiva is currently searching for rock stars who are motivated by the rush of helping people and organizations achieve success, empowered by the role of Infrastructure Services Technician. If you are a highly motivated individual with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and technicians this position may be a great opportunity for you!
- Reading and comprehending blueprints and building documentation/Layout work
- Ensuring that equipment and information are on site to meet construction schedules and deadlines.
- Installing Cable and Various Cable Supports (IE cable tray, conduit, hangers etc.)
- Utilizing cable test procedures and equipment for a variety of different cable types
- Assisting with testing and terminating of cable systems
- Assisting with all aspects of the project as directed by the Crew leader, Foreman and Supervisor
- Following all production, safety and quality standards to code
- Other Duties as assigned
- Excellent Teamwork Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Understanding of Cat 5, Cat 6 and fiber optics
- Proper use of all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-Including Drills, Cable Cutters, Saws, Hammer Drills, Knock-out punch, etc.
- Understanding of computer networking systems (routers, switches, servers and workstations) a plus
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and carry 25 lbs. consistently
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within a designated area
- Possession of a Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of related installation experience
- 2 years' experience in the data / communications industry
- Junior System Administration Skills preferred but not required
McLean VA 22102
As information technologies evolve, Ntiva employees do, too. Our environment encourages, supports, and rewards professional growth and commitment to creating forward-thinking business solutions for our clients. Any organization is only as good as the people from which it is comprised, and it is this fact that sets Ntiva apart.
Accelerate your development as you work in an energetic team to help you realize your potential. As part of our team you will have exposure to the latest solutions and inside product tracks even before they hit the market. When you join our exclusive brain trust of premium talent you will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging engagements with the best solutions at the best companies.
Top Pay and Benefits in a progressive, growing environment
Premium Medical and Dental coverage
Simple IRA Retirement Plan + Company Match
Defined and Measurable tracks for promotion
Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
Long Term Disability coverage
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
Employee Discounts on Computers and Accessories
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:25:29 PDT