Content Producer/Web/Social Media Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Content Producer, Website and Social Media Coordinator
Position #217358 - Requisition 08799
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The coordinator is an experienced and versatile storyteller who can identify and generate compelling digital content about research, patient care, academic programs, and individuals that tell the story of the school for both internal and external audiences. The coordinator provides content updates for all digital marketing channels including YouTube, podcasts, website, blog site and social media. With a unique combination of writing (creative and journalistic writing), technical and marketing skills, this position is responsible for creating clear, strategically focused and benefit oriented copy used to communicate brand and product-specific messages to prospective students, current students, faculty, staff and alumni. The focus will be on the lifecycle of our constituents from the recruitment of new students through to alumni and donor engagement using a full range of traditional and new media, including but not limited to electronic and print advertising, event marketing website content management, integrated SEO and direct marketing (mail, email, video, webinars, social media and virtual chat). The position will ensure SSPPS' website and social media presence are current and accurate in content, easy to use, feature content that supports strategic enrollment initiatives and employs best practices (e.g. chunking content, short pages, bulleted lists, etc.). In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content including video and podcasts, the position will also work closely with the university technical team to maintain site standards. The content producer will also work closely with technical, business development, and communications members of our organization, so strong communication skills are critical.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Produces engaging content that is readable, searchable, actionable and sharable across all types of online/digital media.
- Write and design compelling content for marketing campaigns (student /alumni recruitment, engagement and outreach), including email, ad copy and social media and video channels (specifically video content that can be disseminated and broadcast by TV stations)
- Capture studio quality video both on location and in the office. Shoot and edit content to build a library of videos while developing an intimate understanding of our brand message and tone to accurately capture in video and photo form.
- Utilize email marketing software (marketing cloud) to implement and track campaigns and develop journeys for audiences across our lifecycle
- Web development and management for two sites
- Crafts, analyzes and adjusts targeted messaging, compelling headlines and call-to-action links that result in improved website click-through rates and goal conversions. Identifies areas of strength within the school to publicize to internal and external audiences.
- Creates graphics and digital images of high quality for use throughout the site; ensures consistent look and feel is maintained throughout site.
- Develops systems for organizing and disseminating reusable content.
- Generates, records, tracks and evaluates website analytics. Follows best practices with search engine optimization (SEO); measure, analyze and report key trends in campaign performance by tactic, creative, offer and segment/market to maximize student acquisition; and analyze audience and degree program research and create targeted content for prospective students with relevant messaging and actionable trigger words, thus improving recruitment campaigns and persuasion architecture for websites. Uses data to inform content decisions and increase reach and engagement.
- Other duties as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $40,000 - $60,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, new media, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, computer science or a closely related field and one year of experience managing content and design of public websites.
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as assessed by your cover letter and resume
- Past experience in TV/film or other role operating video and editing equipment
- Adwords Certification
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of website analytics and search engine optimization monitoring tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and across teams with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload
- Ability to build professional and effective relationships with a diverse audience, including faculty, administration, students, alumni and external constituents
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, PhotoShop, Final Cut Pro. HTML, web content management systems (CMS), preferably SharePoint Excel;
- A record of success in project management.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20518 - SOP-Administration
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jay Rodenburg
Posting Contact Email: Jay.Rodenburg@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00217358