Summary of Duties, Responsibilities and Goals:
Reporting to the Director of the Child Development Center the Temporary Teacher must have general knowledge of the guidelines of Title 22, the functions of Fire Department, Health Department and Social Services, in relationship to young children. Must have knowledge of the appropriate evaluation criteria for children ages two years to five years old. Must have skills in documentation and record keeping and use of effective oral and written communication skills. The teacher must support an attitude that every child has the ability and opportunity to succeed in all areas. Comfortable, yet not revealing, clothing and shoes required.
Will be required to:
- Supervise children,
- Deliver weekly themed lesson plans
- Provide a safe environment under Title 5
- Feed meals and snacks to children
- Assist with Potty training
- Maintain Bulletin Boards
- AA degree preferred, minimum of 12 to 24 units of higher education in Early Childhood Education with experience in early childhood education or child development.
- One or more classes in music and art for classroom teachers and bulletin boards/centers. development One basic college level English class and one story telling class; one class each of general psychology and child psychology.
- At least one college level class in sociology and childhood nutrition and mathematics for the young child Pediatric.
- CPR and 1st Aide training is required and must be up to date.
- Must receive TB Clearance and the required Health Screening
Will work with a classroom co-teacher; must understand a basic curriculum and have the ability to develop a daily lesson plan. Teacher must be willing and able to assist in all center activities and lead other classrooms when needed. Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
This is a long-term temporary position.