Technical Assistance Center Representative
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IB is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). IBKR's market capitalization is in excess of $12 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays an important role in trading and brokerage worldwide; executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 9% of all listed equity options worldwide.[i]
The Technical Assistance team is focused on ensuring a solid user experience through the responsive support of our trading software. As a member of the technical assistance team, you will assist customers with inquiries pertaining to all of our software products and become an expert with IB's trading software and gain a deep understanding of the products we offer. You have the networking and programming knowledge to troubleshoot issues that pertain to our trading client programs. The successful candidate will be intellectual and analytical, and are able to recognize, test, and escalate new bugs within our software.
[i] Figures as of December 31, 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
- Be a liaison between internal teams and customers to ensure a prompt and effective resolution of bugs and issues.
- Assist a diverse range of domestic and international customers with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting our trading software and our website.
- Escalate issues to software developers and server operators.
- Address inquiries and issues regarding IB's two-factor secure login system.
- 4 year college degree
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting networking or software related issues
- 4 year degree in a STEM field
- 2 years in a network or software support role, primarily in a call-center or realtime support environment
- Experience with Unix and basic Unix commands
- Financial services industry related experience and knowledge of common financial products
- Mandarin, Spanish or Russian language skills a plus
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $15 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Company
Interactive Brokers (
 Figures as of September 30, 2016. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:32:21 PDT