Teaching Assistant Professor
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We invite applications for two full-time non-tenure track Teaching Assistant Professors for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning September 1, 2017. The hired individuals will be responsible for teaching introductory, higher level undergraduate, and possibly graduate level computer science courses. Duties include six quarter-based system courses per year, advising students, and participating in department and university service. This position does not require research. The successful candidates must have a demonstrated ability to teach computer science courses.
Appointment will be made initially as a one-year contract renewable on a yearly basis for three years, followed by a three-year contract where renewal is contingent on formal performance review. During the sixth year a faculty member can apply for promotion to Teaching Associate Professor and if successful be awarded a 5-year contract.
The hired individuals will be responsible for teaching introductory, higher level undergraduate, and possibly graduate level computer science courses. Duties include six quarter-based system courses per year, advising students, and participating in department and university service. These positions do not require research. The successful applicant will have a passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations. In addition to teaching, the successful applicant will actively participate in meetings and student advising, and participate in Department and University service as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations.
- PhD in Computer Science related disciplines is required by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses.
- One year of previous experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with culturally responsive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Scott Leutenegger at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae indicating teaching experience
- Course evaluations
- A one-page teaching statement that includes information about how they will advance the diversity commitment through their teaching and service
- Names and contact information of three references
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.