Tax Manager - Brokerage
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 300 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 21 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IB is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). IBKR's market capitalization is in excess of $15 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays an important role in trading and brokerage worldwide; executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 7% of all listed equity options worldwide.[i]
Interactive Brokers Group is seeking a Tax Manager to support its worldwide brokerage tax reporting and withholding operations. The position is located in Greenwich, Connecticut.
[i] Figures as of December 31, 2015. Information on the company can be found at:www.interactivebrokers.com
- Ensure compliance with U.S. federal, state and similar non-U.S. tax agency regulations related to customer tax reporting, withholding and documentation, including year-end 1099 and 1042 reporting, Canadian (T3, T5, T5008 and RL forms) and other foreign jurisdiction reporting;
- Identify and design tax system improvements and/or address future regulatory tax changes;
- Provide tax support to customers and sales personnel;
- Ensure compliance with sales tax, VAT and GST filing and collection obligations;
- Oversee IRA and Canadian retirement account compliance;
- Develop and provide webinars on current tax topics for customers; and
- Maintain current and accurate tax content on our website.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting and tax experience, including at least 5 years in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree (preferred) in accounting or tax.
- CPA is required.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of on-line tax research tools.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $15 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Company
Interactive Brokers (
 Figures as of September 30, 2016. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:27:17 PDT