Color Cosmetic Formulator/Chemist
Our Color Cosmetic Formulator/Chemist is a key member of our Si2 (R&D) team. Si2 is an exciting way to develop new formulas and new technologies at a rapid pace. The successful candidate will be responsible for formulating new innovative products, as well as working on modifications of existing base formulas. They will function as a technical resource for lab techs and batch and fill technicians and lead by expample within the team. They will work cross functionally with other Spatz team members to ensure quality and innovation while meeting their internal and external customer needs. Keeping the end goal in their sites which is to increase both our color match and formulation capabilities while developing innovative products.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for independently identifying and developing innovative and consumer-relevant technology and formulas
- Experiment on the bench with raw materials, emulsification systems, processing techniques, and formulation in traditional and/or non-conventional creative approaches
- Explore and pursue innovation to integrate into new products
- Create product specifications for new formulations, modified formulae or existing formulae
- Anticipate and identify scale-up and commercialization issues for new products and formulations
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine formula parameters and solve stability issues
- Work in a close knit team environment collaborating with Sales and Mfg.
- Make critical observations, solve problems, and proactively make decisions in pursuing the direction of projects
- Recognize patentable technology and develop patent strategy accordingly
- Develop industry network that can be leveraged to enable the innovation process, including participation in industry organizations such as SCC and developing relationships with raw material suppliers
- All other duties as assigned
• BS in Chemistry or equivalent years of relative experience
• 4+ years hands on formulation experience or equivalents
• Experience working with and an understanding of scientific method in a lab environment required
• Experience working with and an understanding of regulatory restrictions for CTFA, EU and Japan
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Possess good product knowledge
• Ability to successfully batch and fill and color match in the lab environment
• Committed to professional growth
• Ability to work well under tight time lines in a fast paced, customer-focused environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects, use good judgment in difficult situations
• Self-starter with high level of initiative and possess the ability to make decisions in order to maintain progress on projects
• Strong communication skills: verbal and written. Spanish is a plus!
If you want to change the world, start with yourself. That's why we continually elevate our business through Kaizen. It all starts with a mindset that embraces change. We then add a totally flexible organization, unique R&D and production systems. From concepting to production, SPATZ Labs is changing the way beauty is created and delivered.
We don't plan for the future, we create it. SPATZ Labs partners with the world's most beautiful brands to make dreams come true. All under one roof, we concept, design, and produce category-defining products with limitless potential and the power to ignite global brands.
Ventura County, CA
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:59:43 PDT