Human Resources Assistant
Lake Tahoe Community College District announces an opportunity to work part time (28 hours a week) in the Human Resources department.
Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, perform a variety of complex clerical functions in support of the human resources department, including assisting in recruiting, interviewing and new employee processing. Maintain personnel records and files for current district employees. Act as receptionist for the Human Resources department.
Hours are expected to be Monday-Friday, generally within the hours of 8 am to 5 pm; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
The Human Resources Assistant provides clerical support functions for the Human Resources Department.
A. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Send the following materials to Human Resources:
- 1. District Application Form. (The job packet is available on our website at www.ltcc.edu/jobs.)
- 2. Cover letter
- 3. Resume
- 4. Demographic Survey (optional) Note: The District will only consider materials listed above in the selection process, any additions to the application packet will be discarded.
Applicants may be required to submit official transcripts upon offer of employment. Every effort should be made in the application to demonstrate the applicant's ability to meet the qualifications listed for the position.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications must be received by Monday, March 27, 2017 at noon to be considered for this opening. LTCC reserves the right to reopen the position or extend the deadline if an adequate applicant pool is not received.
B. SELECTION PROCEDURE After reviewing applications, those applicants judged most suitable for the position will be invited to initial interviews. These applicants will be notified by phone on or about Wednesday March 29, 2017. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Wednesday April 5, 2017. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview.
Preferred start date is May 1, 2017, or as soon as mutually agreed. C.
Starting Salary: $15.51 to $17.12 hourly Salary will be based upon approved range 20 and step placement subject to experience and education.
LAKE TAHOE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Human Resources Assistant Class Title: Human Resources Assistant
Bargaining Unit: Classified Employee
Union Range: 20
Definition: Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, perform a variety of complex clerical functions in support of the human resources department, including assisting in recruiting, interviewing and new employee processing. Maintain personnel records and files for current district employees. Act as receptionist for the Human Resources department.
Distinguishing Characteristics: The Human Resources Assistant provides clerical support functions for the Human Resources Department. It differs from other clerical support by the human resource duties assigned. Representative Duties:
- Receive and screen telephone calls, visitors and applicants; answer inquiries regarding job openings, and application procedures; provide information regarding benefits, policies and procedures; receive payroll papers; follow up on missing or incomplete information; schedule meetings; receive, open and route office mail; represent the college and the Human Resources department to potential applicants, current employees and the public in a professional manner.
- Develop and prepare draft job announcements; create hiring timelines for classified and faculty positions utilizing established procedures; obtain approval from appropriate authority; post job openings to internet job sites; maintain human resources section of college web site; plan and distribute recruitment mailings to community colleges and diversity organizations; maintain supply of current applications.
- v Process job applications; review for completeness; screen faculty applications for minimum qualifications; send notices to applicants; prepare screening sheets for selection committees; assist with screening process for faculty committees; make copies of applications; set up committee meetings; gather statistical data regarding Equal Employment Opportunity; prepare reports summarizing results; prepare communications to applicants not chosen for interview; create and maintain accurate records of hiring process.
- Assist departments with scheduling interviews; order travel stipends for applicants; make arrangements for interviews; schedule rooms; distribute interview information packets; maintain confidentiality of interview process; follow up on tasks assigned to other people; prepare orientation packets for new employees.
- Maintain evaluation schedule for regular classified staff; send notifications to supervisors when evaluations are due; process returned evaluations; verify evaluations are signed and complete; maintain computer record of classified and faculty evaluations; maintain classified job descriptions; organize and maintain records and personnel files; keep accurate log of fingerprinting forms for new employees; process incoming criminal offender record information; maintain record of clearances; maintain confidentiality of information; and perform other duties as assigned. Employment Standards: Knowledge of:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.