Director, Student Financial Planning
Midway University invites applications for the position of Director of Student Financial Planning. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and working closely with faculty and staff from all areas of the University, the Director will have a significant impact on how we support students, and move the University forward in improving efficiency and effectiveness.
University Leadership and Strategy
- Coordinate inter-departmental operations between Financial Aid and other university departments (Admissions, Registrar, Student Accounts, etc.)
- Operate as a leader and a role model to others; champion University direction and standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor at all times; possessing the ability to provide outstanding customer service in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Financial Aid Operations
- Provide leadership and oversight to all areas involving student financial aid including verification, award packaging, professional judgment appeals, return of Title IV funds, federal funds reconciliation, student support contact center, and Military/VA benefits administration
- Oversee all departmental functions, communications, and processes
- Develop and implement best practices and policies that support the goals of increasing student satisfaction, retention, and graduation
- Familiarity with the most recent methods of data collection, research methodologies, and web-based technology as it relates to financial aid; and be able to adapt to changing environments, technology, policies, legislation, and the needs of the students
- Develop objectives to achieve long-term goals within the financial aid budget
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state regulations and manage the financial aid department in compliance with all relevant regulations
- Collaborate with other university departments to ensure compliance with federal regulations not directly managed through the Financial Aid department, including Satisfactory Academic Progress, Clery Act, Enrollment Reporting, G5 drawdown and reconciliation, and tracking/reporting last date of academic activity
- Work with Institutional Research to ensure all federal and state reporting is completed by required deadlines, including IPEDs, FISAP, and Experimental Sites Initiatives.
- Serve as point of contact and manage all external audits of financial aid, including annual A-133 single audit, Education Department program reviews, VA compliance surveys, accreditation visits, etc.
- Responsible to ensure all consumer information and disclosures are accurate and provided annually
- Update and maintain Midway University’s program participation agreement with the Education Department
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Management and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong communication abilities
- Customer Service Focus while balancing Compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ related work experience
- Minimum three years’ experience responsible for the direct supervision of staff members
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations
- Experience in writing and reviewing policy and procedures
- Experience using Colleague (Ellucian) preferred
- Experience in A133 audit coordination
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.