Graduate Assistant, Athletic Facilities Maintenance & Game Management
Lewis University is a Division II School located 25 miles SW of Chicago, in Romeoville, IL. We sponsor 18 intercollegiate varsity sports and compete in the Great Lakes Valley Conference and Midwest Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (men's volleyball).
The Athletic Department at Lewis University seeks a qualified individual to fill the Graduate Assistant position for Athletic Facilities Maintenance & Game Management. The Graduate Assistant will assist in the proper care and maintenance of all indoor and outdoor athletic facilities and in the preparation, supervision and cleanup of all home athletic events.
- Develop a facility schedule for indoor and outdoor athletic facilities (Neil Carey Arena, Lewis Stadium, Lewis Softball & Baseball Complex, Lewis Cross Country Course, Lewis Indoor Fieldhouse, Lewis pool, free weight room etc.)
- Act as liaison and collaborate with departments across campus (Sodexo, Facilities, Conferences and Events, Club and Recreational Sports, Alumni Relations, Campus Police, Campus TV and Radio) in relation to home events
- Inventory athletic facility supplies and equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of indoor and outdoor athletic facilities
- Prepare athletic facilities for home athletic contests (sound systems, audio/visual live game broadcast, scoreboard panels, scorer’s tables, chairs, ticket sales, etc.)
- Liaison for away teams and referees upon arrival for home athletic events
- Schedule and supervise team of student workers (20-25 annually) at home athletic events as well as laundry services for teams
- Breakdown and clean athletic facilities after home athletic events
- Assist in the planning of home athletic events and tournaments and events
- Assist in marketing, sponsorship, community service and development tasks as assigned by Associate Athletic Director
Bachelor’s degree. Must be enrolled and maintain satisfactory progress in one of the University’s Graduate Programs. At least 6 months of directly related experience which may include or consist of intercollegiate playing experience or working within an NCAA athletic department. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications (Daktronics, Audio/Visual, Network Connections, Live Streaming and In-Game Recording, Video board Graphic Creation). Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques. Ability to learn intercollegiate athletics and NCAA Division II game operations. Ability to learn the operations of special events, concerts, and various state high school tournaments. Ability to complete administrative paperwork. Ability to use independent judgment. Organizing and coordinating skills. Must be able to work all Lewis athletic home events (nights and weekends).
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2047
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer a competitive stipend for the Graduate Assistant position as well as graduate tuition.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.