Director - Research and Analytics, AF3EDRCTRRP
Under minimal direction of the Vice President, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, the Director of Research and Analytics supports the College’s mission by leading the Research and Analytics team and its role related to external regulatory and accreditation reporting (e.g. IPEDS, ICCB, HLC, etc.); guiding institutional research and analysis that enhances strategic and academic planning, enrollment management, program assessment, and institutional knowledge sharing and decision-making. Providing guidance and technical support of improvement and innovation efforts throughout the institution; using predictive modeling, data quarrying/mining, and other appropriate forms of data management and dissemination to move the College forward as an evidence-based, high performing institution.
Position Title: Director - Research and Analytics, AF3EDRCTRRP
Duties of Position:
- Role model and help create a culture of transparency and evidence-based decision-making at the College.
- Lead the Office of Research and Analytics which includes but is not limited to hiring, orienting, supervising and evaluating professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Collaborate with other College data stewards to ensure common data standards/practices and the highest levels of data integrity across the institution.
- Establish priorities for staff work assignments, monitor progress and review work products to ensure that reports/information are accurate, timely and presented in a clear and professional fashion.
- Administer and oversee the Research & Analytics office budget.
- Safeguard that institutional data collection, reporting and analysis processes are reliable, valid and ethical.
- Coordinate and ensure that all appropriate external regulatory and accreditation reports, reviews and information (e.g., ICCB, IPEDS, HLC, etc.) are accurate and submitted within required time frames.
- Responsible for collecting, aligning and integrating data and information for tracking daily operational and overall organizational performance, including progress relative to Strategic Goals and Annual Action Plans.
- Provide expert consultation to College personnel on research methodology, data management, and data analysis and interpretation.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct ad hoc studies for faculty, staff and students. Includes collecting, interpreting, analyzing and presenting the results and making recommendations based on results.
- Assist institutional divisions and departments with performance reviews and support them in developing priorities and action plans for improvement, including helping them identify opportunities for innovation.
- Utilize data querying/mining, predictive modeling and other forms of analysis to enhance in College-wide knowledge and decision-making.
- Assist in identifying and sharing lessons learned and best-practice across institutional division and departments.
- Assist divisions and departments with project management which includes but is not limited to conducting and analyzing performance in terms of schedule, effectiveness, efficiency and customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Support the Strategic Long Range Planning process, which includes but is not limited to, producing and publishing an annual Fact Book, organizing and conducting environmental scans and internal assessments, participating in community surveys and focus groups, conducting benchmarking studies, etc.
- Develop and design surveys to collect student and other stakeholder feedback on College services and/or education. Analyze, report and make recommendations based on survey results.
- Represent the College at external meetings, seminars, or conferences as appropriate, and at professional organizations related to institutional research within the state, taking a leadership role where appropriate.
- Serve on College committees as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
Experience and Education:
The candidate should possess proven and demonstrated integrity, honesty, respect and responsibility (as defined by COD values).
Minimum of three to five years of demonstrated leadership in a related research and/or analytics capacity including vision-casting, coaching, and leading a team of research professionals.
Experience with data exploration and analysis through interviews, surveys, calculating statistics, web research and database programming.
Experience with relational database design and management, expertise in a major quarrying methodology (e.g. SQL)
Experience with the various facets of information technology, knowledge management support systems, and statistical software (e.g., SPSS or comparable).
Familiarity with research requirements for assessment and validation of institutional programs and services, knowledge of forecasting principles and techniques.
Ability to work as a team player, appropriately exhibiting flexibility, creative problem solving, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and a commitment to the education and development of college students.
Excellent oral, written and other interpersonal communication skills..
Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or a combination of equivalent research experience and education.
Coursework or knowledge of research methods.
Experience leading or working in a community college research office.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Knowledge and skillful use of Microsoft Office software (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Research & Analytics - RP
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt