Coordinator of Curriculum and Assessment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Expertise in curricular development and assessment strategies.
• Ability to design, organize, execute, and interpret analytical studies, including determination of approach to data collection, appropriate research methodology, and statistical techniques.
• Ability to translate results for a wide audience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to provide a supportive environment for people to embrace assessment, yet also the ability to plainly and clearly describe complicated analyses to a diverse audience.
• Willingness to help develop and assessment strategies and there deployment
• Ability to provide leadership in the development of meaningful learning outcomes that lead to improved student learning and pedagogical effectiveness.
• Ability to provide faculty support and training in areas of curriculum and assessment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
basic computer skills required, skills with specialized assessment software preferred. (Preferred software experience includes skills in such programs as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, NVivo, Google Forms.)
communication skills to work with individuals across the spectrum of assessment and in various disciplines and departments
organizational skills to enhance responsiveness to regional and specialized accreditation demands and deadlines
leadership skills to create an environment in which assessment is embraced and outcomes inform initiatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Master's or CAS required; Doctoral degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of three years' experience academia in the area of educational outcomes assessment.
Special Skills: Communication skills that allow the individual to respond to the needs of faculty and administration for creative and efficient modes of outcomes assessment.
A successful candidate in this environment is self-motivated and a strong team player who values hard work and who is capable and confident interacting with a wide array of internal and external constituents. Candidates must be willing to take on new challenges in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Each employee shall use care in the performance of his/her duties and act in a manner that will assure maximum safety to themselves, fellow employees, and the public. All unsafe conditions, accidents and injuries shall be reported immediately to the supervisor.
*This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Tasks may be added, deleted or altered as organizational needs evolve, and employee may be required to follow any other instruction, and to perform any other related duties, that may be required by their supervisor.