Senior Project Developer
Exciting things are happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
Our Project Development Team
At NORESCO, Project Developers oversee the development of energy efficiency projects by identifying, assessing, and structuring technical and financial solutions for our customers' energy efficiency and capital improvement challenges. They have a strong understanding of a wide range of technology offerings and have the communication and business skills necessary to bridge the gap between the sales, engineering, and construction management groups. Project Developers translate customer needs into strategic and technical guidance to the development team. And they provide engineering and transactional creativity to ensure the technical and financial success of our energy projects.
We have an immediate need for a Sr. Project Developer for Federal ESPC projects working out of our Cary, NC office.
The following are the areas of responsibility for this position.
- Technical/financial support of sales activities
- Financial modeling of Energy Performance Contracts
- Proposal writing and review/QC
- Management and coordination of team and customer
Technical/financial support of sales activities:
- Conduct preliminary walk-through of customer facilities to determine project viability
- Interview prospective customers to determine "wish lists" and assess customer expectations for the Energy Performance Contract
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint slides for customer presentations
- Present the business case portion of the proposal for oral interviews and customer board meetings used to select the ESCO
Financial Modeling of Energy Performance Contracts:
- Take energy savings calculations, sub-contracted costs, and purchased material costs from the Energy Engineers and Construction Managers and populate NORESCO's financial model
- Review/QC the energy savings and costs provided by the Energy Engineers for reasonableness based on past experience, metrics, and knowledge of the project
- Review Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) provided by the Energy Engineers for technical and financial viability
- Input other costs into the financial model including but not limited to general conditions, insurance, performance and payment bond costs, NORESCO engineering, construction management, commissioning, and savings measurement and verification costs.
Proposal Writing and Review/QC:
- Senior Project Developer is supported by a Proposal Administrator (PA) to review, edit, and assemble the proposal and Investment Grade Audit Documents.
- Senior PD will be responsible for financial sections of the proposal and key contributor on several sections of the proposal.
- Review the ECM Write-Ups, M&V, OMR&R proposal sections provided by other team members - to ensure they are cohesive, strategic and meet the needs of the customer.
- Coordinate the proposal document strategy and tactics with Senior Management.
Management and Coordination of Proposal Team:
- The Senior PD is responsible for managing the proposal team consisting of an Account Executive, Senior Energy Engineer, a Lighting Auditor/Designer, a Construction Manager, O&M manager and M&V Specialist.
- Coordinate all proposal efforts.
- Host internal and external conference calls to communicate strategy and tactics, review team member's responsibilities and progress to date against milestones.
- Notify NORESCO managers when team members fall behind in assignments or proposal strategy or tactics appear to be compromised.
- Coordinate and host risk review meeting with NORESCO senior management for approval prior to proposal submission. Present the business case for the project.
- Manage the proposal and IGA budgets and timelines to ensure delivery of preliminary and detailed proposals on time and within budget.
Education / Certifications
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an engineering or technical discipline.
Experience / Qualifications
- 7-10+ years' experience in the energy engineering field.
- MBA, PE, and CEM are not required but are considered a plus.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Sales aptitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- General engineering knowledge of HVAC, lighting & lighting controls, DDC / pneumatic controls, and building envelope.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
NORESCO is a vertically integrated energy services company with in-house design, engineering, construction management, energy management, energy supply, operations and maintenance, and financing capabilities to support our energy services and performance-based project initiatives.
For more information, please go to www.noresco.com.
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:29:28 PDT