Head Softball Coach
Cornell College, a residential liberal arts college and member of the Midwest Conference of the NCAA Division III located in Mount Vernon, IA, is seeking applications for a head softball coach. This is a full-time, year-round position reporting to the director of athletics.
The head coach will manage the softball program operations, including:
- schedule and coach practices, and home and away competitions;
- monitor annual operational and recruiting budgets;
- ensure institutional, NCAA, and Midwest Conference obligations are met as head coach;
- select, train, and supervise assistant coaches;
- organize and implement a successful recruiting plan to yield an appropriate number of quality student-athletes for the softball program, including working closely with admissions and managing communication flow;
- manage the physical conditioning and development of injury prevention techniques for student-athletes;
- complete necessary post-season administrative duties;
- provide general counsel, guidance, and inspiration to student-athletes regarding their overall success at Cornell College;
- assist, as needed, in developing positive alumni relations and working closely with development with fundraising efforts to support a competitive Division III athletics program;
- demonstrate community involvement with active leadership as a positive role model, including participation in team-based community service projects and encouragement of student-athlete participation.
About Cornell College
Cornell College is a selective liberal arts college distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, which allows students to learn at the speed of life with more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 18 foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly renovated Thomas Commons. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of Iowa's Creative Corridor.
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred. An extensive and accomplished coaching background in softball required, preferably at the collegiate level, along with a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes. Valid driver's license is required.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smoke Free Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.