Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number: S00837
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Department: Media Services
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
Under the general direction of the Media Services Manager, the AV Specialist is responsible for the operation and maintenance of audio-visual equipment and materials for instructional and non-instructional use. This is a regular part-time staff position. Evening and weekend work required. May be required to work significant hours per week during peak times, as per demand of campus functions and presentations.
- Sets up equipment and materials for classroom and special events.
- Operates and instructs others how to operate projectors, video cameras, monitors, tape recorders, editing equipment, and other audio-visual equipment.
- Schedules audio-video equipment use and setup/teardown, including weekly priority schedule.
- Duplicates audio and video tapes, CD's, and DVD's.
- Maintains permanent and mobile projectors, including preventive maintenance.
- Works with faculty to provide materials for classroom instruction.
- Provides production and facility support for Irvine Auditorium events and conferences.
- Coordinates film and equipment rentals.
- Maintains database of inventory, rental control, video catalog, instructional media purchase, and usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate and maintain audio-visual equipment.
- Record keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well and communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment on a frequent basis.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, and their use with audio-visual
- Knowledge of conference, theater, and public address systems operation.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electronics, sound systems, and auditorium
One to three years of film, theater arts, or audio-visual experience is essential. Event production experience desirable.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
The position requires moderate-to-heavy physical exertion.
Essential job functions require moderate physical exertion and the ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, bend, climb, push/pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an online application and submit all required documents
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1.	Have you setup & run a Polycom VLC unit?
1.	Cover Letter
2.	Resume/C V
Apply now at https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/14942