Chair, L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting (F531)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Chair, L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting
Position Tracking Number: F531
School/College: School of Business and Management
Department: L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting
Location: Azusa campus
APU is a comprehensive Christian university with over 10,000 undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students. APU is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Doctoral/Research university.
APU has a diverse student body that reflects the rich and varied cultures of Southern California, and seeks to recruit, hire, and support a diverse faculty in an effort to create a milieu that reflects the mosaic of God's kingdom. APU values and upholds God-honoring diversity, and creates an environment that respects and honors each individual's uniqueness while celebrating those things that we have in common.
School of Business and Management
The APU School of Business and Management is a Christ-centered community of scholars and professionals pursuing academic excellence to advance the work of God in the world, developing students of character and competence as difference-makers in business and society. The SBM has approximately 900 undergraduate and 300 graduate students majoring in business or accounting.
The accounting faculty position is at the Full or Associate Professor level in one or more of the following areas: financial, managerial, tax, audit, or government/non-profit. The preferred teaching assignment is at the undergraduate and masters' levels.
The L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting's Vision is, "We will be a premier Christian Accounting School, recognized as a thought leader on accounting character and competence to reflect the life of Christ and shine the light of Truth."
Specialization: Accounting (all areas considered).
Administration/service (40%), teaching (35%) and research (25%).
Full or Associate Professor
- PhD in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution, with evidence of teaching effectiveness, scholarship at APU SBM's Scholarly Academic level, and professional experience required.
- CPA Preferred.
- Desire and ability to integrate one's Christian faith into the class curriculum is also required.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a Statement of Faith, available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook).
Experience: Must be qualified for appointment at the Associate Professor or Full Professor level. A proven track record in teaching, research, service, and collegiality is preferred.
Workload: 12 month contract, renewable.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Diverse individuals are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.