Financial Aid Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Aid at Lehman College, the Financial Aid Coordinator will perform the following duties in addition to those listed in the CUNY Title Overview:
- Provide front counter coverage of office's main reception area and answer office phones.
- Accept verification proof documents, greet visitors, answer inquiries, and explain procedures and policies.
Bachelor's degree is required.
- Working knowledge of federal Title IV and NYS financial aid regulations, practices, and resources
- Working knowledge of automated data base systems (preferably CUNYFirst or similar)
- Two years' financial aid or related experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
- Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
- Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
- Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
- Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
- Supports the College's enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
- Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Review of resumes will begin March 1, 2017 and continue until a candidate has been identified. (Search extended)
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Financial Aid Coordinator
Job ID: 16322
Full/Part Time: Full-Time