Full-time Faculty - Data, Instruction and Resource Sharing Librarian
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Levin Library at Curry College seeks a skilled, experienced, and innovative librarian for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant Professor level to lead the library towards increased support for data services to further the College’s increasing emphasis on quantitative literacy as a student outcome and an emerging opportunity for the library. This is the primary focus, with additional collaboration in the areas of information literacy instruction, library support for online and hybrid courses and programs, and furthering a successful resource sharing initiative through the exploration of extramural partnerships potentially beneficial to the college.
- Lead library data support initiatives such as: support for software and data management which may include geographic information systems (GIS,) quantitative data and informatics, digital archiving initiatives, working with students, faculty and librarians, overseeing support staff as appropriate, and tracking of new developments in these areas.
- Information literacy instruction in General Education, beginning with the First Year Inquiry, and with support for quantitative literacy enhanced courses, collaborate with faculty, the library information literacy team, and the general education program.
- Liaison with and provide support for undergraduate and graduate programs especially in the development of support for hybrid/online teaching, using available instructional technology tools, and focusing on support of student achievement of departmental outcomes. a. Support research resources with an emphasis on learning outcomes. Delivery of flexible library instruction and support for online/hybrid/multisite courses using Panopto, Zoom, and similar tools.
- Cooperative resources:
- Oversee staff involved in interlibrary borrowing and loan fulfillment; make judicious decisions related to document delivery expenditures.
- Explore expanded partnerships and resource sharing with other libraries and consortia in cooperation with collection manager and electronic resources librarian.
- Master’s in Library & Information Science (MLIS).
- 3-5 + years professional experience in an academic or research library setting.
- Knowledge of and experience using statistical software, geographic information systems (GIS) software, data management practices.
- Knowledge of digital archiving and scholarly communication practices a plus.
- Information literacy teaching experience at the general undergraduate level and/or at the graduate level.
- Management of workflow using OCLC and Clio interlibrary loan software/interfaces.
- Knowledge of interlibrary loan practices.
- Experience with learning management systems such as BlackBoard.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested applicants must submit curriculum vitae, cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, and a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.