Posting Date September 15, 2016
Position Title Department Administrator
Vacancy # V-1206
Department Art and Design
Division Academic Affairs
The Department Administrator works closely with the Chair and faculty program coordinators to execute policy and strategic direction for the operation of the Department of Art and Design and provide ongoing executive administrative support to the Department's operations and activities. S/he will work with the Chair on developing and implementing departmental internal and external review assessments, budget management, student recruitment, and scheduling management. The Department Administrator will further assist in organizing and implementing the recruitment and admissions process for the Department. S/he will manage the Department's communications, social media and outreach, develop a growing network of professional development opportunities for program students and graduates, and promote Department programs and initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide ongoing executive administrative support to the Department's operations and activities
- Develop and implement departmental internal and external review assessments
- Manage Department budget and monitor expenditures
- Assist in course scheduling management.
- Assist in organizing and implementing the recruitment and admissions process for the Department.
- Develop and manage the Department's communications, social media and outreach
- Develop and support department grant-writing and other fundraising initiatives
- Develop a growing network of professional development opportunities for program students and graduates
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Masters degree in an arts-related discipline
• Minimum five years of executive experience in the arts and/or academia
• Demonstrated experience in budget management and oversight of financial operations.
• A proven track record in grant-writing and fundraising
• Demonstrated administrative management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent networking, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Standard office software proficiency.
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date November, 2016
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.*
Apply By Open until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION