Assistant Director of Marketing
The Assistant Director of Marketing/ Marketing Strategist reports to the Director of University-Wide Marketing and serves as a member of the University Advancement team. The Assistant Director is tasked with client account management, project management and vendor coordination, strategic plan development (to include college/program-based marketing initiatives, web marketing strategies, data analysis, marketing-related recommendations, and creative media planning). The assistant Director provides professional support to the Director and has authority to act on the Director's behalf, as well as identifying collaborative opportunities that drive the enrollment and reputation goals for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
Serving as Marketing Strategist and Account Manager
- Serve as the liaison between UCCS Marketing Communications and the schools/colleges and other unites across campus
- Provide effective marketing strategy support to schools/colleges through informed strategic engagement
- Responsible for client communication, account management and vendor coordination
- Develop and manage resources to assist departments/colleges in their marketing/branding objectives, including marketing and communications planning, branded templates, messaging platforms, graphic resources, etc.
- Develop creative briefs and strategic objectives with account representatives to ensure projects are completed in alignment with the university's overall strategic goals
- Assist departments/colleges in coordinating with external vendors for design, photography, printing, advertising, etc.
- Serve as a key member of the Marketing Integration Team (MIT) - collaborating closely with college account representatives
- Coordinate periodic marketing/branding workshops to help with design training, marketing strategies, social media implementation, messaging, etc.
Strategic Marketing Planning and Development
- Develop annual strategic marketing strategy deliverables including:
- Undergraduate and graduate marketing recruitment strategies in support of the university's new programs and initiatives
- Video marketing strategies
- Web marketing communications strategies and content development for UCCS homepage and primary institutional UCCS webpages
- Digital marketing campaigns - creating and monitoring media placement and campaign effectiveness
- Work with directors of digital and web, and Web Services to incorporate and implement marketing-related strategies into UCCS homepage and other primary institutional UCCS webpages
- Provide strategy and plan management in the execution of marketing initiatives and processes in support of the university's enrollment and awareness goals
- Work with the director of social media, and digital and web to determine content and messaging strategies for online platforms
- Work with developers, designers, writers, social media specialists and videographers to create effective integrated web-based digital marketing campaigns
- Serve as support and back-up to the Director of University-Wide Marketing, providing input and recommendations on marketing related issues
- Work with the Director of Digital and Web, college account representatives, designers, programmers, content writer and vendor representatives on various programs and projects
- Serve as project manager and liaison to outside vendors on all UCCS Marketing Communications-driven projects and initiatives, including editorial direction, design, production and distribution of publications materials in accordance with UCCS and CU brand standards
- Serve as vendor coordinate to campus account representatives and UCCS approved vendors on marketing initiatives including brochures, publications, cut sheets, etc.
- Collaborate with Digital and Web, and IT Web Services to implement university-supported web initiatives
- Communicate with colleges/departments about potential marketing strategies for their specific websites
- Working with Media Services and outside vendors, serve as project manager on all marketing-related video projects
- Determine overall objectives and strategy for video marketing projects
- Communicate vision and manage implementation
- Determine video distribution strategy
- Establish best practices for video communication to a variety of audiences
- Keep account reps and vendors informed with needed information to ensure all work is on strategy and on deadline
- Ensure projects meet strategic branding guidelines
- Affirm vendor billing is accurate and associated with the appropriate projects
- Manage branding initiatives; including vendor relationships, scheduling meetings, monitoring and reporting on progress of the initiative
Digital data management and tracking analysis
- In coordination with Digital and Web, manage website feedback to determine content modifications to the UCCS website
- In coordination with outside vendor, lead the development, tracking, and measurement of integrated marketing activities to gauge current success and inform future planning
- Working with outside digital media vendor and internal tracking software, monitor effectiveness of campaign website landing pages and provide specific recommendations to improve site performance
- Coordinate SEO efforts with digital vendor (no technical SEO programming knowledge required)
- Coordinate research and data analysis with outside digital vendor to make informed recommendations
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding account management skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with managing brand awareness and implementation
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application including experience writing editing and copyrighting.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Understanding of marketing and communication techniques/strategies and platforms
- Background in HTML, web design and social media
- Proven ability to create cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage and prioritize and large inflow of deadline-driven design and marketing initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively within a shared governance community
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Working knowledge of and experience with computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud and other commonly used software programs applicable to business operations. Ability to make various accurate computations
- Experience coordinating with video production services
- Background in video production and messaging
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education
- Familiarity with web technologies (content management systems, digital analytics, tracking, etc.)
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $62,000 to $72,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five-seven years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
- Master's degree preferred. Emphasis in communication, public relations, or marketing is preferred.
- Experience in higher education
- Knowledge of marketing platforms and best practices
- Background in higher education
- Web marketing strategies
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applicants submitted by March 31, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40376 - Advancement
Posting Date: Mar 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Chris Beiswanger
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732194