Office Support Specialist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-14-2017
This position provides administrative support, communication, and organizational skills to the assigned directors of development. Confidentiality must be maintained for prospect information. This position is responsible for assisting directors of development in all aspects of fundraising.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
60 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Strong writing skills; creative individual; ability to think strategically, work independently, and deal with prioritizing multiple projects.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as superior organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of Internet, e-mail, and electronic calendars.
4. Experience with prospect database management.
5. Willingness and availability to participate in occasional evening and weekend activities.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.