Costume Crafts Supervisor
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-14-2017
The Costume Crafts Supervisor position follows the Academic Calendar and is responsible for supervising the craft room for the School of Theatre & Dance and teaching one course in Costume Crafts each semester. This position will assist in costume shop supervision and mentor graduate and undergraduate students. Other duties in either the prop shop or the costume area will be assigned depending upon the candidate's skills. There is also the possibility of designing selected School of Theatre & Dance productions.
1. Bachelor's degree in theatre or related field.
2. Professional experience and/or university teaching with a specialization in costume crafts including make-up, wigs, millinery etc.
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to maintain a high standard of honesty and work ethic.
5. Ability to understand, articulate and embrace the mission of the College of Fine Arts and advocate for the importance of the arts.
6. Ability to be comfortable with a variety of personalities and open to different ideas.
7. Effective verbal and written communicator.
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's in Fine Arts degree in Costume Technology or Design with a specialization in costume crafts.
2. Professional experience and three years of university teaching.
3. Knowledge of safety procedures when working with potentially hazardous chemicals, power tools and processes.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.