Sr. Staff Geologist, Environmental
Applies standard scientific procedures in the field and office. Investigation assignments will have clear and specific objectives and will require the implementation of numerous technologies and field methodologies. Will perform work which involves review and knowledge of conventional plans, surveys, maps or equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following: Research and report preparation including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, site characterization and remediation reports, aerial photo review, literature research, field exploration, interpretation of subsurface conditions and relevant geologic conditions from field and laboratory data. Develops and or reviews geologic cross-sections and preparation of geologic maps.
- Conducts geologic observation during contractor operations, air monitoring for dust or volatile organic vapors. Includes acceptance of contractor's operations including confirmation soil sampling and backfilling operations. Characterization of various waste streams through chemical analysis will be required.
- Interprets geologic and hydrogeologic conditions, prepares routine proposals and reports with supervisor guidance, and analyses requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific service area, such as the creation of groundwater contour maps, three dimensional interpretation of contaminant plumes in soil, soil vapor and groundwater. Field work requires 40-Hour OSHA training and annual updates.
- Successful candidates will begin developing skills in client interaction and relationship building.
- Attend a variety of meetings with regulatory agencies such as DTSC, RWQCB and other local oversight agencies, and field meetings with contractors.
- Follow company policies and procedures and all safety procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master's Degree in Geology is preferred or Bachelor's degree plus appropriate continuing education.
Must have 2-5 years of relevant experience in Environmental Geology including preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessment reports, preparation of Health and Safety Plans, field sampling of soil and groundwater, experience with various drill rigs and field sampling procedures.
Must possess current 40 hour and 8 hour annual refresher Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other technical software. Proficiency in database application.
We are a growing company. We have a great team and work environment - be a part of our success!
To apply for the position please visit our website at www.leightongroup.com/open-positions.cfm
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:14:17 PDT