Job Number: 74282
As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford University has a challenging opportunity for the right individual. At Stanford, we are not just about finding your “next job”, but where we hope you will discover a rewarding career, as well as life-changing experience filled with rich traditions, a deep passion for collaboration and innovation, an unparalleled respect for diversity and creative freedom, and a culture of excellence. As one of the world's premier research institutions, Stanford devotes tremendous resources toward the betterment of humanity. Hundreds of initiatives — in everything from medicine to engineering, the environment, peace, and national security — create an atmosphere humming with intelligence and excitement. The mission of the Office of Audit, Compliance, Risk and Privacy is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Stanford University and the Stanford University Hospitals. JOB PURPOSE: Perform complex financial, operational, and compliance audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of systems, processes, and controls at Stanford University, under supervision of an audit manager. Conduct investigations of suspected irregular conduct. Provide guidance to less experienced colleagues. CORE DUTIES*:
- Conduct complex and in-depth financial, operational, and compliance evaluations and audits in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct periodic follow-up reviews to assess and report on progress or completion of management's corrective actions in response to internal audit observations and recommendations.
- Conduct investigations of suspected irregular conduct in conjunction with other university resources.
- Prepare and execute audit plans and detailed audit programs.
- Prepare and review work paper documentation to ensure it supports conclusions and results based on appropriate analyses and evaluations.
- Communicate the results of audit projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff auditors.
- Develop and maintain productive customer and staff relationships.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and four years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepting Auditing Standards.
- Capable of analysis and evaluation on a range of factors.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and sound decision making to obtain viable solutions.
- Independent and requires little supervision on all but unique matters.
- May recommend changes in policy or practice based on new data or situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cultivate trust and respect from Stanford colleagues, clients and external organizations.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of work and performs a critical self-review, proactively seeking the advice of supervisors and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of COSO Framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks
- Ability to leverage tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving.
- Non-profit/Higher Education experience is preferred but not required.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs.
- Occasional cross campus and local travel may be required.
- May be exposed to allergens, biohazards, chemicals, radiation or electromagnetic fields.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Compliance Legal
Location: Business Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.