Upward Bound Summer Instructor
Upward Bound Summer Instructor
University of San Francisco
The Upward Bound Math & Science Instructor develops and implements content-area curriculum for high school students who are participating in a five-week, intensive STEM-focused, educational Summer Program at the University of San Francisco. As an Instructor with Upward Bound Math and Science at the University of San Francisco, you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working with SFUSD high school students. As you create content for our unique curriculum, you will engage our students in relevant Social Justice debates and strengthen their critical thinking and analytical skills through ongoing discourse.
This year, we are excited to offer our students the following courses:
Computer Science, Forensic Science, lab-based science (biology, chemistry, or applied Physics), engineering/Robotics, Scientific Writing. Instructors should be comfortable developing and adapting curriculum effectively.
This position will be employed through HR Options.
- Develop and implement content-area curriculum, teaching courses as assigned
- Submit lesson plans to STEM Education Coordinator on Friday, June 10th
- Supervision of students during class and passing times
- Assess students’ cognitive needs and develop a curriculum to address those needs
- Identify and assist in providing resources needed to implement curriculum
- Serve as a role model for participants
- Complete participant’s weekly progress reports
- Complete student evaluations
Maintain and submit summer grades within one week of class finals
- Maintain accurate participant records-attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Attend Project Training during the first week of June (exact dates & time to be determined)
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions (prior to start date and on - going during summer session)
- Maintain professional ethics
- Complete background check
- Complete driver safety course
- Other duties as assigned
Two year minimum teaching experience
Experience with culturally diverse students
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Lab science experience, curriculum development a plus
- Knowledge of STEM standards preferred for Math & Science Instructors
- Knowledge of Federal TRIO Programs
Experience with using Canvas, Edmodo or other distance learning Web portal
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.