Senior Revenue Accountant
Responsible for the global revenue accounting, monthly close and reporting accurately and timely in compliance with GAAP and SOX requirements; assist in implementation and administration of revenue systems and database; prepare inter-company transactions and ad-hoc analyses.
- Complete month-end close for worldwide gross and net revenue in a timely and accurate manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Prepare/post"gross to net" revenue adjustments, journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data and accounts, as assigned.
- Prepare/generate sales reports to support month-end close, rebate, variance, royalty, rebate analyses and for management review.
- Review variances of all "gross to net" accounts and prepare insightful variance commentaries.
- Develop and maintain trend data to support "gross to net analyses.
- Assist in maintaining and updating revenue accounting procedures and manuals.
- Maintain accounting, control procedures and documentation in compliance with company polices and SOX requirements.
- Assist in system upgrade and implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Operations, Marketing, Legal, IT and others to collect current price and rates of all charge back and rebates rates to update the central repository database and revenue systems.
- Responsible for timely reporting and payment of royalties.
- Assist with external audit process.
- Assist with process improvements, risk mitigation and internal control enhancement.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance/accounting (a year of revenue accounting in pharmaceutical industry).
- Understanding of Revenue recognition accounting in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Public Accounting experience preferably with "big 4," a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and interest in identifying the root of complex issues and resolves problems
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet business needs
- Detail oriented with ability to work through ambiguous data.
- Strong team player
- Advance skill in Excel and Power Point
- JD Edwards, iContract and EDI knowledge preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines
- Have general math skills; adding, subtracting, multiplication, division and percentage calculation. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions
- Able to use personal computer and standard office equipment such as fax and copy machines, calculator, and printers. Aptitude to learn computer programs as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Resourceful and well organized
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Lake Forest, IL
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:27:43 PST