Deals largely with unmeasurables using non-quantitative tools and guidelines based upon practical lessons; architecting in an inductive process; deals with ill-structured situations where goals are not defined. Architect needs to assist and advise on determining a solution. Position requires a proactive individual who is flexible; able to respond to a changing environment; collaborates across the community; and guides customer activities focused on developing and assessing alternative architectures to take advantage of emerging technologies to meet evolving intelligence needs and capabilities.
Job responsibilities include:
- External engagement across the Intelligence community to validate mission needs and capabilities required to solve evolving intelligence problems and build advocacy for future architectures and CONOPS.
- Internal engagement across the NRO to build acceptance for current and future acquisition decisions that support senior decision maker's intent for an efficient, effective and integrated mission architecture.
- Development, definition and assessment of mission needs and capabilities driving future architecture solutions to more efficiently and effectively support evolving intelligence problems
- Identification, development and assessment of alternative mission architecture solutions to more efficiently and effectively support evolving intelligence problems
- Evaluating alternative acquisition/investment portfolios against future architecture direction/guidance to support senior level decision making
- Outreach and engagement with industry, academia and other Government agencies involved with the use and development of emerging technologies, operating concepts, tactics and behaviors impacting evolving intelligence problems
- Development and maintenance of architecture products that capture and communicate senior decision maker's intended direction and implementation guidance for an efficient, effective and integrated mission architecture.
- Development and allocation of enterprise and system level capabilities, requirements, and standards that drive senior decision maker's intended direction and implementation guidance for efficient, effective and integrated mission architecture to acquisition programs.
- Leading cross functional/organizational teams formulating a unified vision for the enterprise.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Thirteen (13) years' experience in data management, data architecture, or system engineering with a Bachelor's degree (twelve (12) years' experience with Master's). Degree specifically in Science, Engineering, or Math desired.
- Superior interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels.
- Leadership and negotiation skills to work effectively in a dynamic team environment to resolve issues between different organizational viewpoints and implement the vision of senior government executives.
- Knowledge of NRO space or ground architectures, systems and acquisition programs in the GEOINT, SIGINT or communications domains
- Specific work experience showing competency in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong systems engineering skills in the process areas of Architecting, Requirements / Standards, Investment / Portfolio or User Engagement
- Strong engineering analysis skills in support of cost/business case analysis, analysis of alternatives, trade-off/impact analysis, or development and use of measures/metrics/scorecards
- Knowledge and experience with IC functional manager's organizations and experience with one or more organizations within the intelligence community.
- Development of enterprise architecture vision, strategy, guidance and direction for an organization preferably in the intelligence Community
- Development of architecture products and Requirements using enterprise architecture frameworks (DoDAF, FEAF) and ICCR processes
- Ability to independently plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with implementation and operations of ASP/ISP organizations or service oriented architecture design within the intelligence community.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NRO GEOINT & SIGINT collection phenomenology
- Background in intelligence analysis, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future intelligence environment
Technical Services for US Government Civil and Defense Agencies
Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:45:40 PST