The Director, MSN-FNP Specialty track is responsible for the development, operation and continuous improvement of the MSN-FNP online program. He/She will lead academics and operations surrounding this large program at Chamberlain College of Nursing. These responsibilities include but are not limited to curriculum management and course development; the direct management of course developers, course faculty and faculty managers; delivery of superior services to students enrolled in Chamberlain's online program; and achieving targeted enrollment projections and student retention goals.
Key responsibilities of the Director, FNP Program will include the development, operation and continuous improvement of the MSN-FNP online programs. He/She will be instrumental in team dynamics and will lead and inspire staff virtually. The Director will closely interface with colleagues in faculty operations, admissions and student services. The Director, MSN-FNP Specialty Track (Director, FNP Program) can be located anywhere in the US continent.
Reporting Relationships: Chamberlain's team structure and organization is in formation and will be aligned with the needs of Chamberlain's growth. The Director MSN-FNP reports directly to the Vice President, Post-Licensure & Graduate Programs and will have a staff of three Associate Deans, one Web Development Manager, 13 full-time faculty, five faculty managers and approximately 300 Visiting Professors.
- Oversee the implementation of Chamberlain's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives to students.
- Track the key academic and business metrics used to monitor performance of the online nursing programs; consistently seek to improve the quality and cost.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, preceptors, and students. Create and maintain a college culture of mutual respect, and academic and professional growth.
- Manage and provide support for course development and revision initiatives for online courses to ensure that all courses are current, of high quality, and meet course outcomes established in the curriculum.
- Work collaboratively with site based faculty and deans to ensure coordination and consistency of the College's mission, philosophy and educational outcomes across settings and programs.
- Ensure that meaningful assessment of student achievement, e.g., exams, projects, cases, are included in each course and that appropriate use of formative and summative assessment is used for continuous improvement of courses.
- Maintain accreditation and regulatory standards, including the timely completion of required reports.
- Respond to and resolve questions and concerns regarding course content brought forward by faculty, faculty managers, and/or course architects.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, contracting, and training and evaluation of course architects, and faculty.
- Maintain and communicate to National Dean of nursing programs information regarding current and future course development schedules, and course syllabi.
- Collaborate with student support personnel (i.e. admissions, finance, advisors) to assure delivery of superior student service.
- Participate in industry programs and initiatives to maintain currency of programs and online teaching methodologies.
- Develop and manage a budget to support online program implementation.
- Oversee practicum site selection and approval processes.
- Work with clinical partners and prospective clinical partners to secure, develop, and enhance clinical agency relationships for student practica.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctorate in Nursing, Nursing Education or a related field
- Minimum of five years of FNP clinical practice, two years of FNP education experience and one year of online nursing education experience.
- Respected clinician and Nurse Practitioner - must maintain active authority to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in online teaching and demonstrated proficiency with online instructional technology applications required.
- Experience in higher education administration strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with accreditation bodies.
- Excellent leadership, management and project management skill.
- Computer/technology agile and savvy.
- Collaborative, excellent communication and organization skills.