Assistant/Associate Vice President (AVP) for Student Affairs/Director of Residence Life
The Assistant/Associate Vice President (AVP) for Student Affairs/Director of Residence Life is responsible for providing leadership to Campus Living, one of the division’s five thematic areas. Campus Living is composed of the Residence Life and First Year Experience offices. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs and as a member of the division’s senior staff, the AVP plays an active role in strategic planning and in realizing the vision of the Student Affairs division: to create an engaging learning environment in which community is strengthened and individuals flourish.
• An earned graduate degree from an accredited institution in higher education administration, student affairs, counseling, or a related field;
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a university setting, preferably in residence life/student affairs
• Experience providing leadership in a complex organization;
• Experience developing and managing budgets;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff, faculty, and students;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
To Apply: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/27390