Materials Testing Technician
Looking for Materials Testing Technicians to assist the Construction Management Team in Las Vegas. This is a full-time, direct hire position.
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with standard procedures and specialized requirements
- Obtains materials samples
- Writes detailed reports summarizing test results and observations
- Communicates observations and test results to field representatives, project managers, contractors and others
- Organizes work and manages time effectively.
The work schedule may be vary depending on construction project, Night, weekend, holiday, and overtime work may be required. The candidate should be flexible, dependable and timely.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience performing all aspects of construction materials testing such as asphalt, concrete, masonry and soils on various size construction projects.
- Experience in performing all aspects of field-testing and observation relating to mass grading projects in conformance with company quality standards and technical guidelines.
- Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High School Diploma
- Valid Nevada Driver's License
- NAQTC Certification and/or WAQTC Certification required
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level I required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Nuclear Gauge Safety Certification desired but not required
Founded in 2003, SHG is an Employee-owned and operated multi-disciplined civil engineering consulting firm that serves our clients across the southwest. With offices in Las Vegas, Phoenix and Lake Havasu City, SHG has established an excellent reputation in which our clients benefit from our savvy understanding of what it takes to design a project from beginning to end. We are not just engineers, we are seasoned veterans. Join SHG where we embrace growth and learning in which innovation drives our work.
Las Vegas, NV
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:02:31 PDT