Clinical Core Operations Coordinator
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
This position will take the lead on complex projects and will develop processes that align with CU and SOM policies, procedures and accreditation standards. Also, she/he is responsible for initiating, planning, and implementing curricular elements in the School of Medicine focusing on the Phase III/IV clinical curriculum, which includes the Phase III clinical blocks and Phase IV sub-internship courses. Duties include: developing policies and procedures, providing guidance, and reviewing the work of others to ensure compliance; developing and maintaining program information, setting guidelines and operating policies as necessary, and providing support to the Assistant Dean of Integrated Curriculum the Assistant Dean of Clinical Core curriculum, and Sub-Internship (Sub-I) Director.
For a complete job description, including specific examples of work performed, please visit https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7fc1dc46-b7b2-4803-8324-75613c3e3d65.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $35,000 to $51,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The salary range may be extended for School of Medicine internal applicants, dependent upon skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in business administration, management, accounting, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience working in higher education.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree in business, management, accounting, education, communications or a field of study directly related to the work assignment.
- Experience within an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas).
- Experience with curriculum management and coordination.
- Experience working within the confines of complex rules, regulations and/or accreditation standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong skills in project management and change management are required.
- Exemplary organization, presentation, and leadership skills with an ability to work with little supervision independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures is a plus and skill set must be acquired quickly as changes are implemented.