Childcare Technician- Pool Position
Working Title: Childcare Technician- Pool Position
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Childhood Services
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: Salary Varies
Position Summary: The Child Care Technician is responsible for directing instructional and recreational activities involving pre-school children. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This posting is open for continued recruitment of individuals seeking employment for the position of Childcare Technician. This pool position allows applicants to be considered for every Childcare Technician position that becomes available. These positions are available at various locations within Childhood Services.
- Follows the guidelines of the A-State hand book.
- Responsible for assisting in daily paperwork including children's records, USDA, staff leave, meetings.
- Assist in completing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and ensures documentation of that meeting.
- Assist in assuring ABC rules and regulations as well as Quality Approval Standards and Licensing Regulations are met.
- Assist in Monitoring classroom and its participants throughout program year by on site contacts, emails, personal phone calls and meetings.
- Maintains an open line of communication between all staff.
- Responsible for classroom support in the following areas: Daily Lesson Plans Minimum Licensing Requirements Current ABC Rules and Regulations Work Sampling Online COP A (Child Outcome Planning and Administration) ECERS- R (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale) ITERS-R (Infant and Toddler Environment Rating Scale) FCCERS-R (Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale)
- Other duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Occasional weekends and after school activities
Location of position may include: Bay, Hughes, Helena, Jonesboro, Parkin, Phillips County, West Memphis and Wynne.
Other: Reports to the Program Manager-Lead Teacher/Other Classroom Teacher
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of teaching techniques and development of lesson plans.
Knowledge of child behavior.
Ability to maintain records and develop lesson plans.
Ability to teach, provide personal care, and direct recreational activities of pre-school children.
Ability to direct activities of day care personnel.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus six months of experience in the care of children.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.