Web Content Manager
Department: University Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Senior Editor
Position Summary: The Web Content Manager will be responsible for writing, editing, and managing content for the North Park University website. Utilizing the University’s WordPress CMS, the Website Content Manager will ensure that northpark.edu is fresh, effective, and up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Write, edit, and proofread digital content.
- Manage web content through entire lifecycle, including writing, editing, revising, scheduling, publishing, and reporting.
- Maintain site standards and brand guidelines, and liase with content contributors to do the same.
- Manage, assess, and edit submissions from content contributors across the University.
- Partner with University stakeholders including undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions, advancement, academic departments, and others to implement revisions, write, and load content as needed.
- Interact with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to gather content for the websites.
- Work with UMC staff to conceptualize and create engaging photography for the website.
- Work with the UMC staff to create content and develop marketing materials.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two to four years of relevant experience.
- Superior writing skills, including a high standard of grammar, spelling, and style.
- Strong experience working in WordPress.
- Marketing orientation, with an ability to write copy that sells and that is appropriate for web and digital communications.
- Ability to learn the admissions process and take the initiative in keeping northpark.edu fresh and effective daily.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with admissions, advancement, and marketing staff, as well as faculty and others on campus.
- Some knowledge of HTML.
- A communication style that is intelligent, positive, persuasive, and open.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style, and ability to learn and implement a University-specific style guide consistently.
- Ability to manage projects, work independently, prioritize tasks, respond effectively to multiple demands, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills working with colleagues throughout the University.
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of detail and accuracy, customer service, and institutional alignment.
- Personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
- Ability to embrace and effectively communicate North Park’s Christian, urban, and intercultural distinctives.
Effective Date: 2017
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.