Duties: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Research Administration, the Executive Administrator has primary responsibility for providing high-level administrative support to the University of Pennsylvania's Gene Therapy Program's (GTP) Director, which is the program's most senior leader as well as one of the world's most prominent researchers in Gene Therapy. In addition, the role will support the Executive Director, Research Administration (EDRA) and play a central and critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the GTP program. Key responsibilities include:
* Managing the PI and EDRAs' high-volume and complex meeting and travel schedule
* Coordinates all travel arrangements and manages processing of all expense forms and reconciliation of accounts related to travel
* Coordinates internal meetings with the GTP Executive leadership team
* Acts as a liaison with various external and internal constituencies on behalf of the PI and EDRA keeping them apprised of issues and action items on his agenda
* Communicates and coordinates regularly with the GTP Finance Division regarding expenses, new hires (Postdocs, grad students, etc), as well as any other issues that have the potential to impact the department's finances
* Prepare/format written correspondence on behalf of the PI & EDRA, ensuring that all correspondence and other written materials and presentations are accurate and prepared in a timely manner
* Manages data records, files, and oversees the management of the Director's office in support of the Program's overall research mission using initiative and sound judgment
* Plays a primary role in the management/oversight of assigned projects for the evolution and advancement of administrative infrastructure for the GTP.
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Reference Number: 40-25236
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative