HRIS Coordinator & Benefits Assistant
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is seeking a HRIS Coordinator & Benefits Assistant to join the Human Resources department.
The HRIS Coordinator & Benefits Assistant will assist in the areas of HRIS administration, talent acquisition, benefits, onboarding, procedure documentation, and various projects to support the annual goals of the department.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as point-of-contact for processing HRIS requests including employee records creation for new hires, terminations, changes/updates, promotions, transfers, etc.
- Develop standardized and ad hoc reports to support HRIS operations and performance
- Develop and submit necessary reporting measures to Payroll to assure timely recording and accurate processing of employee information.
- Manage entire employee file process including maintenance and audits
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and trainings on HRIS
- Conduct trainings for new HRIS users
- Maintain confidential employment data, health records, and electronic data utilizing HRIS database
- Process tuition reimbursements & tuition waivers
- Process employee referrals
- Support the Benefits Manager in data reporting and processing within various databases
- Support the Benefits Manager during open enrollment and processing of employee benefits changes as well as collecting appropriate documentation.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs.
- Provide recruitment support for open vacancies including running background checks, I9 form and follow through on applicant background checks.
- Update applicant tracking system and send out rejection notices.
- Coordinate Onboarding process for new hires including conducting orientation
- Coordinate and assist with new hire orientations and onboarding activities.
- Facilitate the Exiting process for employees
- Schedule meetings and interviews as needed
- Support the administrative needs of the HR department team
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Respond to inquiries regarding organization's policies, procedures, and benefits to employees or job applicants.
- Annual performance evaluations status updates and follow-up on incomplete evaluations.
- Assists with report requests, various research projects and/or special projects
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees for employee electronic file.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Answer questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to employee activities.
- Search employee files to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations, such as audits or accreditation organizations.
- Prepare badges and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
- Arrange for in-house and external training activities.
- Special employee verifications, and other inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to handle complex phone inquiries and interact in a calm and supportive manner with a culturally diverse group of faculty, staff and students
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team, seek consultation when necessary
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Illinois state employment laws and federal employment law
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports, including drafting, editing, and appropriate processing
- High level of reliability, professionalism, and a commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Must be responsive, quick-thinking, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues
- Must have strong interpersonal and outstanding oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency
- Professional demeanor and exceptional customer services skills
- Must possess advanced knowledge/skills with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software, Internet, Web applications and scheduling/organizing software.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous experience with Applicant Tracking System (Taleo preferred)
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources or similar position
- 1-2 years of proven experience with HRIS databases
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of 21 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of nearly 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University.
To learn more, watch our System video and explore our community at www.tcsedsystem.edu.