Assistant Varsity Coach, Men's Basketball - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700144)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Varsity Coach, Men's Basketball
12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under direction of the head coach, assist in all areas relating to the operation of the men's basketball program
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Under direction of the head coach, Assist in all phases of the recruitment process; assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training, practice, games
- Assist in all areas as they relate to the operation of the basketball program
- Assist with the development of appropriate public relations and promotional activities for the Men's Basketball program
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, kinesiology, recreation or related field required
- Master's degree in in same fields
- Proven ability to recruit and select highly-skilled student athletes
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required
- Proven success recruiting and coaching at NCAA Division I level
- Minimum two years experience at the NCAA Division I level
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to March 27, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Paul Kowalczyk, Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/13/2017
Close Date: 03/27/2017