Senior Fiscal Technicianr/Senior Buyer
Working Title: Senior Fiscal Technicianr/Senior Buyer
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Biomedical Engineering
Posting Date: 03-13-2017
***For Internal UVA Applicants Only***
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Virginia is seeking a Senior Fiscal Technician to perform professional level work across various financial disciplines. This position works closely with the Department's Unit Administrator, Grants Administrator, and other members of the financial unit. The incumbent will be responsible for purchasing and payment processing, reconciliation and reports, and project/award administration.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field is preferable. A minimum of two years working in a fiscal environment is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply financial information.
2. Working knowledge of fiscal operations.
3. Ability to analyze and present information.
4. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Ability to clearly articulate specific information relative to aligned financial functions.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Knowledge of purchasing, reimbursement and university policies.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81351