BT Applications Analyst - Advanced
Position Number 998967
Position Classification Title Bus & Tech Apps Analyst
Functional Title BT Applications Analyst - Advanced
Position Type Staff
Administrative Systems at UNCG provides services integral to the delivery of effective, efficient, and reliable core business information systems to the community of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. It is
made of up of ERP Application Integration, ERP Operations Management, Document Management and Workflow Development, Data Management, and Information Security. Primary responsibilities include:
• Analysis of university client information system requirements and recommendation of best practice solutions
• Evaluation of marketed systems and development alternatives, and delivery of cost benefit analyses of available options
• Development and delivery of custom business systems tailored to specific university needs
• Installation and maintenance of vendor-supplied and locally developed systems
• Integration of diverse information system to improve operational efficiencies
• Ensuring the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficiency of these information systems
• Providing services and solutions that enhance the value of university data in support of informed tactical and strategic decision making.
Administrative Systems is seeking a qualified individual with Banner ERP experience to serve as Business & Technology Applications Analyst. Duties include supporting functional units in using all Banner modules with special focus on Student and Student-related modules and ancillary applications. Duties also include gathering requirements from representatives in university divisions to insure effective enterprise application solutions in support of university and divisional strategic goals. This work will include design, development, and maintenance of a variety of Banner ERP and related systems solutions. Within the next year Banner will move from Oracle Forms and PL/SQL HTML based frameworks to object oriented Groovy/Grails/Java based frameworks. This position will be expected to support develop new applications within the existing as well as new frameworks. Strong analysis, design, development, communications and problem-solving skills required.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA Leave
- Longevity Pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
Bachelor's degree with in Computer Science, Computer InformationS ystems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one (1) year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate's degree in Computer Programming and one (1) year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one (1) year of experience.
- Advanced level requires an additional two (2) years of experience.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $77,311 - $97,750
Org #-Department Information Technology Services - 23101
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. , Monday-Friday and as needed on occasion
Job Family Information Technology
Band BT Applications Analyst
Competency Level Advanced
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
• Consultancy Skills (Advanced)
o Consults on issues and requests from customers that require the implementation or creation of a custom solution. Consults with senior level decision-makers, on an ongoing basis, to discuss alternative technical solutions
• Technical Knowledge (Advanced)
o Serves as an experienced technical resource. Uses detailed understanding of technical substantive and methodological issues and theories to provide direction for technical staff.
• Technical Solution Development (Advanced)
o Investigates researches and implements new technologies in specialty or related area. Develops information technology systems or modules.
Open Date 03/13/2017
Close Date 03/31/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 78
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Do you have at least 9 credit hours in computer programming?
- No response
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 5 or more years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu